Saturday, December 13, 2014
I like the 90' like mac like logo too of the album but that's personal.
Monday, May 28, 2012
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
I remix stuff. This is the first thing you read when visiting his site. I say: understatement. You get much more than a simple remix of samples he collected from his favorite movies, games and other stuff that formed his twisted chopped up musical mind through the years. To be honest I was quite amazed how he handles samples in a crafty manner. Controlled by his skills the music ricochets through your brain which is already busy enough with the synced image editing. As I kept listening to his music I started to find a certain pattern and it became clear to me that he is the creator of a soundpallette that I have never heard before. Ok there I found out that more people are doing this stuff when browsing youtube, although not always with the class like Pogo. I'm not going to argue or discuss who was first with this kind of movie remixing. That’s stuff for history nerds to decide.
Pogo is the person who supports my theory that you can make music with any kind of samples as long as you have the art to glue them together in the right way to make it work. You could find it lame in using samples from famous movies, mix them and put them on youtube as they will get high ratings by definition? Haha try and see jealous guy, this stuff is gold. Next time when I hear the name 'Pogo' I will not link it to Digitalism anymore but to a fine artist who took me by surprise and is here to stay. On his blog you can read some personal issues and also fun stuff he encounters. All by all a very personal site. Like a friendly neighbor asking to have a sangria in his sunny garden. You can support Pogo by listening to his music, even buy some or download them for free due to copyright reasons (still with the option to pay want you want). Great concept. I feel ya Pogo. Glad to meet you.
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °
Monday, December 26, 2011
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Friday, December 3, 2010
Aeronaut (Jef De Corte) is a man of many talents with benchmarks all over the world. Nowadays he spends most of his time as a freelancer on making licensed illustrations and graphical designs for various of companies such as Disney. But if time is on his side he makes music and likes to share that with the rest of the world. So why not have a listen to the universe he puts in your ears? His most recent work “Requiem For The Faithless” contains beautiful sacral compositions to comfort the faithless people searching for their personal GOD nowhere to be found. He was inspired by a radio show of his friend Arol Wulf of which he took extracts to be used as glue for the orchestra playing on the cliffs of disbelieve. Have a visit to his myspace too. You can also download more music for free at his official website here. Not for commercial use of course.
This is and happens to stay an ambient music blog so I will only cover his music, but feel free to pay a visit to his website to learn more about the artist’s life and work at http://www.aeronaut.be.
Also if you want to stay on tune with aeronaut subscribe to his newsletter helping you to bare the long long cold winter lying ahead.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Microscopic is available for free download @ http://www.microscopics.co.uk/ or directly through this link. It is a extract from Mat Jarvis his full album gas0095 to be found on itunes.
Very nice critics from DJ magazine, Ambient Music Guide etc. Indeed a must have i would say if deep space traveling means anything to you. I like it very much by the way.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
01. Floating Mind – Good [Smoked Mono Vol.2, monokraK 24]
02. Blackdaylight – Daylight 255 [Blackdaylight Live, m_005]
03. Turnus – Pale Paper Horse [Valedictions EP, aer001]
04. Tom Mosler – Random Sunset [VA - Spectral Park, eqq027]
05. Waveform – Deep as We Like [Atmospheric Trip, rar033]
06. Mr. Cloudy – Long Wandering [Long Wandering, cism_6]
07. TapeRecorder – Phlegm [First Trip, gcaf015]
08. Node – Float [Phosphenes, ELJD009]
09. Damolh33 – Swim with the Tide [Swim with the Tide, gcaf017]
10. Francisco Godikinho – Monism [( O )( O )( O ), cl-018]
11. Tiago Sousa – The Road to Western Lands [The Western Lands, rb030]
12. Macabro – Deeploveswansong [Drink To The Drowned Ones, bp021]
13. con_cetta – 2.53 [Sclerosis, zym019]
Monday, July 20, 2009
Her debut album does not only offer experimental music. Rita also knows how to create fine melodies and great moods. You can check her debut album "Falter" here @ www.contramusikproduktion.de or here: www.myspace.com/contramusikproduktion . Or have a visit at her myspace. You can have a sample of her excellency here on the blog as well: Rita - Galetti - Ark.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Other great audiovisual from Miga can be seen here .
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Very nice compilation from different artists under the creative commons license. If you like it you should grab the Essentials 001 too.
Brezdna Radio Essentials 002 GRAB:
01. Hermetico – Al Siguiente Verano [Perfect Lifeform LP, did017]
02. Roman Slavka – Paste [Passage, pin004]
03. Waveform – Atmospheric Trip [Atmospheric Trip, rar033]
04. Havantepe – Topcular [Harem, cism_4]
05. Kabana – Tetramodule [Variants, cism_1]
06. Deep Haki – Purple [The Room Ambience ver.2 EP, gargan029]
07. Kalez – Goma [Kalez EP]
08. Spekdetrolls – Adn Chill [Petite musique pour arbre nu, nohmad001]
09. Sleepy Town Manufacture – O Nei (Unit 21 parting mix) [VA Homeworks Part Two: Self-Made Toyz, hw032]
10. Astrowind – In the Park [Somewhere The Music Had Been Played, rb008]
11. To4ka.Dna – August [August, const009]
12. Etienne Michelet – The Brittle Ballet p.11 [The Brittle Ballet, rb051]
13. ~~~ – The Life Death and Ascention of a Dragonfly [Grass Note, rb001]